International Student Travel

<- back to International Students

Students who maintain their F-1 status are permitted to exit and enter the US within the visa validity date. Before traveling internationally, please make sure you have the following travel documents with you:

  • A current signature from your International Advisor on page 3 of your I-20 Form (signatures are valid for year; therefore please make sure you will be back in the US before it expires). Contact the International Advisor to have your I-20 signed
  • An valid passport for at least 6 months into the future
  • A valid F-1 visa

After being outside the US for a period greater than 5 months, you are considered gone for longer than a period of temporary absence. Your I-20 will no longer be valid and you must request a new one. Please refer to the I-20 Application.


Here are directions to frequently traveled International Airports from Cairn:
Philadelphia Airport
JFK Aiport
Newark Liberty Airport